In Hacker News thegabez asked me for more details about my research:
Can you share more about this? How much time did you devote to study? Do you regret it, what did you learn?
This is my answer. Read it at your own risk.
You can also read my ebook.
Here’s a summary of the research:
1. Newton was looking to build a world system.
2. In Newton’s time, in Europe, the officially accepted world system was Descartes’ system of vortices. Descartes imagined the world to be a plenum.
3. Descartes’ vortices looked good but could not explain planetary motions. Vortices did not offer a formula to compute orbits.
4. Newton has been toying with the idea of force to explain planetary motions but he did not have a formula either. He did not know how to compute orbits using a formula. Such a formula did not exist. (Actually such a formula existed but Newton did not know at the time.)
5. A world system must have a unifying principle with which all motions could be explained.
6. Newton did not have a unifying first principle, therefore he could not build Newton’s System of the World to overthrow Descartes’ System of the World.
7. Newton did not have a unifying principle that can explain all planetary orbits (Yes, the grandiose title “System of the World” applied just to the planets!).
8. Newton did not know it yet but Kepler had found such a formula, or a rule, that explained planetary orbits. But Kepler did not know that this was a general rule.
9. Newton saw Kepler’s rule in an estronomy textbook called Astronomia Carolina and he immediately recognized it as the unifying principle he was looking for.
10. But there was a problem. Newton’s ambition was to build *Newton’s* System of the World, not Kepler’s System of the World.
11. Newton solved this problem by appropriating Kepler’s rule.
12. Newton stole Kepler’s rule and renamed it by dividing it in two and naming each part “force”.
13. When Newton wanted to compute orbits he said “force equals force” and cancelled the force terms. In the effective formulas Newton used in actual computations there were no force terms. But Newton claimed that his force held the orbits together because he wrote force in each side of the equation. But a term written on both sides of the equation has no effect in the calculations because they must be cancelled. This is Newton’s genius! He sold this cheap trick to the world as the force he discovered.
14. By using Kepler’s rule but with his own branding Newton was able to compute orbits from first principles by using a formula. This was never done before. Up to Newton, planetary positions were computed by using tables. Here was Newton who was computing surface gravity of a planet by using a formula. This looked like magic to his contemporaries.
15. Newton became world famous and after his death his disciples formalized Newton’s trick of cancelling force terms written on both sides of an equation into Newtonian mechanics.
16. Mathematicians like Lagrange and Hamilton developed mathematical frameworks build around Newton’s trick and to this day Newtonian mechanics is thought at schools as one of the greatest achievements of humankind.
17. But all Newton did was to apply Kepler’s rule, that is, rrr::tt to compute planetary orbits.
18. What is fundamental is Kepler’s rule. But Newton’s disciples who call themselves “physicists” nowadays, derive Kepler’s rule from Newton’s laws, so-called.
19. No force term is necessary to compute orbits. You cannot compute orbits by using force terms. Force terms must be cancelled during the “derivation”.
20. Newton did not discover something called “force” but he discovered something truly fundamental.
21. But Newton could not make his big discovery public because that would reveal his theft of Kepler’s rule. So Newton hid his discovery in the first definition of his Principia.
22. Definition 1 in the Principia is the definition of density. Newton defines density as the first definition in the book but he never refers to it again. When we look closely, we see that definition 1 describes Kepler’s rule in words.
23. Newton discovered that Kepler’s rule was the definition of density.
24. Newton knew that we are not living in a forceful world but in a density continuum. This is Newton’s great discovery hidden in his Principia.
25. Newton the megalomaniacal world builder could not give credit to Kepler as the discoverer of the formula he used to compute orbits so he hid his discovery and corrupted the human understanding of nature with his fictional, non-existent and occult concept of force.
26. Conclusion: Newton is the perpetrator of the greatest scientific fraud of all times.
27. I don’t regret spending 30 years to discover Newton’s fraud but I’m sorry that Newton’s cult is so entrenched in our culture that no matter what, he will be taught as the greatest scientist ever lived to the eternity.
28. I’m also tired to defend myself against ad hominem attacks by Newton’s disciples who never read Newton’s original writings…
29. BUT… RELAX… NONE OF THE ABOVE İS TRUE… THİS İS FİCTİON… I DREAMED ALL OF THİS… THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT THAT NEWTON İS THE GREATEST GENİUS EVER LİVED… IF WE PLOT A CHART OF GENİUS FROM ANCİENT TİMES TO TODAY WE WOULD İMMEDİATELY SEE NEWTON EVEN WİTHOUT WRITING HİS NAME BECAUSE HE WOULD SHOOT OUT OF THE CHART BEİNG THE HUMAN CLOSEST TO GODS. İMAGİNE THAT PEOPLE LİKE ARİSTOTLE AND ARCHİMEDES WOULD REGİSTER LİKE SMALL WAVES CLOSE TO THE ZERO LİNE WHİLE NEWTON’S GENİUS WİLL BE OFF THE CHARTS. NEWTON İS A GENİUS LİKE TSUNAMİ İN THE SEA OF GENİUSES. THE ONLY TSUNAMİ. NEWTON İS THE GREATEST MONUMENT CREATED BY THE BRİTİSH PROPAGANDA MACHİNE.
30. So, of course, by the clear evidence offered in number 29 above, Newton is the human closest to gods, before Newton the world of science was in darkness and god said let Newton be and it was all light. Of course Newton discovered that wonderful occult force, the only thing in the universe that can act instantaneously at a distance with no time passing. Given Newton’s close relationship with god, is it impossible that God made an exception for Newton’s sake and created this supernatural force to confirm Newton’s genius?
31. Is it outside the power of god to create an occult force for Newton so that Newton can call it a “physical” force? To this day Newton’s disciples celebrate this miracle of the physical occult force on which all of physics is based on.
32. So I pay my genuine respect to this greatest genius of propaganda ever lived, Isaac Newton!